HVAF of Indiana, Inc. responds to COVID19 need through #GivingTuesdayNowMay 4, 2020
2020 Patriotic SeasonJune 12, 2020
Thank you to our frontline workers!
As we continue to face an unprecedented pandemic, our frontline workers of case managers and outreach staff have continued to diligently work hard for our veterans. While circumstances are uncertain and pre-cautions are in place, our staff are still going above and beyond to serve our Hoosier Heroes.
HVAF case managers and outreach staff have stepped up to ensure our veterans are provided for during this time of crisis.
Collectively they’ve been able to:
- Give 100 food cards for veterans and their families facing food insecurity.
- Give 35 gas cards for veterans without income.
- Provide hotel/motel stays for 17 homeless veterans.
- Distribute 3,852 lbs of food through our pantry.
- Give Hygiene Kits to 194 veterans needing their most basic needs met.
- Increase job placements for unemployed veterans.
And, through this pandemic, our case managers have maintained a 92% success rate of guiding and supporting homeless veterans living in transitioned housing into permanent housing.
Our frontline workers are at the heart of keeping our mission alive during this critical time. We appreciate their continued hard work in the face of an unprecedented pandemic and we remain committed to our mission to house, support and advocate for veterans and their families—especially in these trying times.
You can help support the work our frontline workers do and our mission by donating here.